Zakat is one of the pillars of Islam, Muslims is obligated to pay it annually from their money, Zakat has many benefits for Muslims
In this short article we will We will summarize Zakat in some points as the following
The benefit of Zakat
Zakat has many benefits for you some of this benefit as like
1) Purifies and promotes the soul
2) Develops gratitude for Allah's bounty.
3) Brings about a sense of peace and well-being.
4) Minimizes the feeling of envy among those who are less well-to-do.
5) Provides a religiously-approved method of managing the society's economy and finance.
6) Makes it possible for part of the wealth of the rich to be distributed among the poor.
7) Ensuring we are god fearing and honest in what we do
Also Zakat has many benefits for Community as like
1) Enable the poor to get their needs
2) Achieving affection and harmony among the members of the community
3) Prevent the wrong behaviors such as extravagance and crimes
4) Fighting unemployment, so projects can be created to provide jobs
There are two different types of Zakat
- Zakat AL Mal
- Zakat AL Fitr
What is the difference between Zakat Al Mal and Zakat Al Fitr?
Zakat Al Mal is the “cleansing of wealth” that is done through the annual donation of a percentage of a person's income to charity , The amount of Zakat Al-Mal that each Muslim owes will vary, Zakat al Mal is only required once a Muslim reaches a certain financial period
Zakat al-Fitr, or the Zakat of Breaking the Fast of Ramadan, is the special required charity that is paid by all Muslims at the end of Ramadan It is also called Sadaqat al-Fitr, the Charity of Breaking the Fast of Ramadan, and Zakat al-Fitrah, because it is a mandatory charity due on every Muslim at the end of Ramadan, regardless of age or gender.